Sender:
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:11:32 -0700
U.S. Archivist and head of NARA Allen Weinstein supports putting
pressure on the US Fed Office of Management & Budget (OMB) to restore
this funding.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/12/05 11:08AM >>>
To all RIM Professionals and Interested Parties:

I would like to encourage each and everyone of you to send e-mails and
letters to your congressional representatives concerning the NHPRC
funding.  It is one thing to reduce funding for a program, we all go
through that in tight budget years, but it is something else entirely
cut the program completely, including all staff and administration.
The
NHPRC is a very important research arm for our profession and the
information that comes back from their grants and programs is vital to
the growth of Records and Information Management.  I have been
involved
in the past with their Electronic Records research project, and
heartily
endorse the work that they do.  PLEASE, show our legislators that ARMA
members DO care and are a force to be reckoned with.     I applaud our
ARMA Leadership for taking a position on this matter and hope not only
ARMA members but all other ListServ members will weigh in on this
opportunity to make our voices heard.

Juanita Skillman, CRM, FAI

Past President, ARMA International