Sender:
From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:44:20 -0600
Hi all, and with apologies for cross-posting,

I am preparing to re-launch my industry calendar project. I have more than
150 events a month for the rest of 2005 and almost a hundred a month so far
Jan-June 2006. But I am still missing a LOT of your events.

The keys to building attendance at your events: 1. Hold the event (don't
cancel it). 2. Let people know about it far enough in advance that they can
plan for it.

If you are a chapter leader for ARMA, AIIM, SLA, SAA, TAWPI, Xplor, or any
other associated association, send me your events! The more details the
better, but anything is better than nothing. I do go out to your chapter,
regional, and association websites regularly, but they're not always kept
updated and not everyone knows about all the opportunities in their area.
For example, every AIIM chapter location has at least one ARMA chapter
nearby. AIIM folks are thirsty for RM knowledge - but may not know about
ARMA, especially if they aren't AIIM members. Help me help you to help them.
  :)

If you provide training, either non-profit (NAGARA, NARA) or for-profit
(Archive Builders, @Doc, DataVault, Optimila), send me your events! We can
at least get the word out about your records workshop or your CDIA+ course -
and hte more people attend education, the better off we all are.

If you know of another related event, such as those held frequently by IDC,
Gartner, InfoToday, Ark Group, and others, send it! While I try to get to
all the providers frequently, there are many I don't (yet) know about. Clue
me in!

I expect to provide a link to the website by August 31, and I will begin
sending selected events out as RAISE and RICE the same week.

Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Contact me at
[log in to unmask] or (303) 574-1455.

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP