Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:31:26 -0800
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
From a distinguished colleague...; our organizations have to drive a
stake in the ground (or heart) and commit that we are going forward with
electronic information management.  As a transition stair-step from a
paper reliance to pure electronic life-cycle, we may be imaging for
(perhaps) 5-10 years while the organization changes its paradigm from
using and relying upon the paper media.  98% + of all information
created in the western world is created electronic.  The inefficiencies,
redundancies, and extra costs occur when people just have to hit the
print key.

I still maintain that the wide-spread acceptance of pure electronic is
largely a generational matter.  Here is what gets me; I have seen and
heard as much push back against going electronic from RIM folks as from
other professions...; who are our clients.  There are a lot of RIM
people out there who do not want to change.

I hate paper.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/15/06 11:03AM >>>

<snip>

I'd suggest a reaffirmation by your management that all employees will
use
electronic images, set a date when the transition will take effect and
then
start denying access to the paper documents after that point in time.
You
might want to have your auditors involved to ensure compliance.  Good
luck.

As one our distinguished (yea, right) colleagues on this listserve use
say "I hate paper."

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP