Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:06:30 -0800
From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Graham,

I can ask Ben Beard, but I don't think the folks thatpenned the E-Sign act
were including the metadata as part ofthe record. While it would be my
recomendation that all metadata be retained and be migrated with the record,
I don't think ther eis a legal requirement to do so. The records
"profession" has ot defined metadata as being a required component to ensure
record integrity and certainly no IT body has defined metadata as required
for data integrity. If I recall, the burden is to reproduce the the record
and to "logically associate" the attachments. Maybe I am remembering it
wrong, it is starting to snow, the sky is darkening, the bleakness of winter
remains, where oh where can the Mariners find a decent starting pitcher and
a good backstop.....

Chris Flynn