Sender:
From:
Wynne Linda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:18:55 -0900
Hi Nolene:

I am in a similar situation as you--Sharepoint now and EDMS/ERMS later.
After the fact, I am to write policy and procedure on using Sharepoint.
Do not get me wrong about Sharepoint, it is a great collaboration tool
for management.  What is a nightmare is transferring from working papers
or draft to final records.  Meaning from a team web part into a document
library?  So far, I have managed to keep the working site and link the
final record from my vital record document library site.  As for RIM
function in Sharepoint; there is none.  However, I am pursuing an ERMS
solution by reviewing two company's compatible software with Sharepoint.
On hindsight, I wished to have been in the beginning or in the loop to
have a policy and procedure in place for consistent use of team web site
and a clear workflow from creating the document transferring into
electronic archives.

I wish you luck.

Linda