Sender:
From:
Bob Nawrocki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:19:50 +0000
Since you are using a vendor the real question is to determine what is
acceptable to you and then work with the vendor to achieve it. Many years
ago we had the same problem with our storage vendor. Turned out they were
taking the records we had requested to be destroyed and placing them in an
unlocked trailer in their unfenced yard. When they got a full trailer load
they would haul it to paper recycler for destruction. Since we were storing
client records this was unacceptable from a security and timely destruction
standpoint. If you have to produce records for a court action and they had
not been physically destroyed you might be required to produce them even
though you had requested their destruction.

We negotiated with the vendor to have our records destroyed on request.

Robert F. Nawrocki CRM
Innovate and Infuriate
My opinions are my own and not my employers.