Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 13:21:36 -0500
From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
I have been avidly following the comments related to email policy
because it is a subject which consumes much of my thinking time these
days.  As we grapple with the issue and look for answers, the volume
keeps growing and the concomitant headaches increase.  We are working to
educate our users, but the hurdles involved in trying to find the right
solution are not trivial.

Randolph Kahn has published an article, on The Risk-Cost Model in the
latest IMJ which appears to help an organization make a determination on
which strategy best fits by weighting the costs and risks of various
approaches to retention.

I find the concept very intriguing and would like to hear from some of
the other wise and experienced RM's on this list what your thoughts are
on employing this model.  In case you haven't had a chance to read it in
print, the pdf download is available free to ARMA members -
http://www.arma.org/bookstore/productdetail2.cfm?ProductID=1807

Mary Hilliard, CRM
Records Manager, Records Management Officer
University of Texas System Administration
210 West 6th Street
Austin, TX   78703
512-499-4557