Sender:
From:
"Kirbyson, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 12:38:20 -0600
Hi Stephen,

I work in the Water Services division of The City of Calgary and we are
one of a number of divisions who use Livelink.  In general, I really
like it and find it an excellent tool, though you must keep in mind that
I'm a database person to begin with and this is the only EDMS program
I've used!

You mentioned one of the reasons you're looking into Livelink is it's
facility with Microsoft products.  It is my understanding that Livelink
does not handle MS Access databases well.  We don't keep them in
Livelink but rather on a shared drive.  I don't have the particulars,
but it's something about which you may need to be aware.

I joined the City about a year ago and am now participating in what I'll
call the "post roll-out" phase.  The initial roll-out was about two
years ago, I believe.  Based on what I've learned through participating
in this phase, I would suggest very strongly that prior to
implementation, you determine from every stakeholder what their business
practices and how those practices can best be served by Livelink.  Also,
the initial training would be most beneficial if the trainees receive
direction on how the new tool will benefit them. (As opposed to simply
providing instructions on the program.)

Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir, but these are important issues to
consider, I believe.

Thanks,
Laura

Laura Kirbyson, Records Coordinator
Distribution Control, Water Services
Internal mail code #34
Phone:  403.268.4070
Fax:  403.268.3452
Email:  [log in to unmask]
PO Box 2100, Stn M, #34
Calgary, AB Canada  T2P 2M5

NOTICE -
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.