Sender:
From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 12:13:12 EDT
I caught up on List reading on Saturday morning after a busy day Friday, when
I barely had time to dip in to Archives List, much less Recmgmt-L.  So much
to look at here, and nary an OT header in sight!   Glad I didn't look at this
yesterday, when all the talk of food would have had me fighting the temptation
to run to the canteen or snack machine, LOL.

As to political correctness, after reading the consensus views expressed on
the List, I (ever the researcher, must be in my genes), clicked on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness
to read what the entry says.  Interesting write up, as is the linked talk
forum discussion on the neutrality of the entry itself (!)  I have to say I
haven't used Wikipedia much, I'm still trying to get used to the idea of
collaborative presentation.  Have any of the rest of you used Wikipedia?  What do you
think of it as a reference source, its strengths or weaknesses?

Happy Independence Day to my U.S. colleagues!  And thanks to our colleagues
abroad for your forbearance in wading through so many OT but
unmarked-as-such-postings this past  Friday.  (You seem very patient with us North Americans
during periods around our national holidays, thank you for that, LOL).  It looks
as if they were lighthearted, for the most part.  Too bad I didn't have time
to read them during the workday when I could have used a break or two.  Ah well.

Have a good weekend, all!

Maarja