Sender:
From:
Scott Hambrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:07:09 +0000
If your records are being managed and stored by an offisite records management vendor, they should be of great help to you in this instance. Firstly, your vendor should be able to provide you with a detailed inventory of the records in their charge. Secondly, after you and your counterparts determine ownership of each carton, notify your records storage/management vendor of the ownership changes in writing. Your records storage vendor will be able to negotiate a storage agreement with the "spun-off" entity or make arrangements to ship them out at the expense of the spin-off. In my experience at Data Storage here in Tulsa, most of the time the records never need to leave the shelf. At the direction of the customer, we reassign ownership of the proper cartons, negotiate a contract with the new company, and continue to store them with no shipping or access fees assessed to either of the customers.

Your records storage vendor should be able to make the spin off process pain free.

Wm. Scott Hambrick
President
Data Storage, Inc.
Tulsa's Records Management Leader Since 1976
918-664-6164
www.datastorageinc.com