Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:09:20 -0700
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
Larry, I will be there; wearing a hawaiian shirt so bright that Moriki
will go crawling 'N sobbing back to his can of spam & Don Ho albums.
Couple of colleagues will probably come with me.

I signed off the listserv about a month ago to go on vacation; then was
so busy when I got back I just went "mail" again yesterday.  I
understand from a friend that in my absence there was a shirt and
topical controversy.  Was it as nasty and acrimonious as the Great
Chicago BBQ Sauce War of 1997?

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/29 1:29 PM >>>
Only **3** weeks away now!! RSVP count up to 92 people, still a little
behind last year, but a STRONG showing!!!

Again, anyone is welcome, Hawaiian shirts, other non-business attire
is
embraced, tattoos are welcome (nothing I like much better than a well
defined tattoo on a GREAT canvas!) and this is STILL true, neither
Peter or
Larry are buying the first, second or subsequent rounds.=)

Larry

Here's the specifics again for those who missed them:

The party is going to be held on Saturday, 10/21/2006 at Dick's
Last Resort on the Riverwalk, Lower level, 406 Navarro at the Bridge
http://www.dickslastresort.com/

As always, it will be a no-host bar, and time is wide open... it's
not uncommon for people to start arriving between 6-7pm, and it's not
uncommon for people to stay until 11pm, or until we get asked to
leave... but past experience with Dick's almost guarantees if we keep
drinkin', they'll keep pourin' =)

We don't do ANYTHING organized, but I ask people to RSVP so
I have an idea who and how many people are coming, and generally, I
make up name tags and ask everyone to bring a business card. And you
might want to bring a camera... *RSVPS to [log in to unmask] ,
please.*

A recap?

*Who- Whoever wants to come!!!
When- Sat, 10/21 between 6-11pm(?), drop-in, drop-out
What- No Host Bar, bring LOTS of money =)
Where- Dicks Last Resort, 406 Navarro at the Bridge (Lower Level)
Needs- RSVP, business card
Why- Gimme a break! We need a REASON?!?!?!?

*
*And this is where I'd suggest the conversation on this topic continue,
B4
we get the Listserv all out of kilter and have hundreds of people
asking how
to unsubscribe =^) *

Larry Medina
Danville, CA