Sender:
From:
Gerry McFatridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:05:15 -0500
I will soon be addressing the issue of having some of our VHS and 16mm
construction project videos converted to a digital format.

The feeling of some of the project engineers is that that expense should
be borne by the records management bureau and not come from the
construction bureau budget.

This is not something we have dealt with before and I am curious how
other organizations deal with the issue of funding that sort of
exercise. Do most folks find that that is normally an expense a records
management bureau deals with? Or, do some organizations fund media
conversion efforts thru some other bureau?

Thanks,
    Gerry