Sender:
From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:45:39 -0800
Couldn't resist - I have no ax to grind with this particular industry,
and know a number of very talented folks involved in it. I have to say,
however, that the sales force is at times laughably bad. One company in
particular has a habit of periodically sending our way these sales reps
that are inevitably beautiful young blonds in short tight dresses (which
makes me wonder if similarly attractive young males get sent to the
female prospects). One in particular cracked me up. After telling me
that her company's national experts predicted a 30% annual increase in
paper storage growth -  and for this reason I had to utilize her
retention consultants - I pointed out that our own growth was fairly
flat, primarily due to the impact of our own combination of state and
internally developed retention schedules. She immediately took this as a
sign that our own retention scheduling skills were obviously inadequate.
Why, if we used her experts, our storage needs would grow at 30%
annually - a sign of competent retention scheduling!

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741