Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:34:14 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/15/07, Lisa Shimamura <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am
> being asked why it should be mandatory for all employees?  If there are
> regulations or laws to back this concept up, like there is for sexual
> harassment, ethics, and privacy.  I don't think they will do it unless there
> is a government compliance requirement to do so.

the same reason that all employees undergo EEOC, SarbOx, anti-trust,
and any other type of training. This type of training ensures that the
employee understands what the company expects from them and how the
company expects the business to be run.

I can't tell you how many different types of corporate governance
classes I've taken during my professional career. And really that his
what we are talking about here corporate governance. Whether it
involves EEOC rules about harrassment, SarbOx rules about internal
controls, insider training, bribery or whatever all companies now
offer this type of training. It tells the employee what is expected of
them in certain situations and prevents them from saying at some
future date "I didn't know"

What I would do is point out that there are now new rules concerning
document discovery and that all employees need to know how they affect
their work.

Do training on the protection of intellectual property. and in all
cases try to weave in some RAIN stories to reinforce the training

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va