Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:00:00 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/24/07, Robert Soutar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I must disagree with what Peter indicated.  Just having a microfilm reader to clean an change bulbs is not the only maintenance cost.  There is the cost of the space it takes, the fact that, that space could be used for other things.  With document imaging, the documents can be viewed on a number of PC that are already there and used for other things.

ah the beauty of  a list. I don't disagree with either Robert or Jesse
as they have brought up the key issue. The Total Cost of Ownership.
Just as one needs to the complete business process for an ERMS, you
also need to know the total cost of ownership for either a
micrographic or imaging system..Only then can you determine the ROI
for either one.

identify all the factors related to the system in order to determine the TCO

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va