Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:28:37 -0500
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
As far as backups are concerned those records should already be captured into a records management repository, should they not?  Backups, in my opinion are done according to your IT Departments policy or standards.  I don't believe there is a national standard/policy/guideline or anything like that for performing backups.  It is usually done for continuity purposes i.e. disaster recovery.

Your e-mail question is one that all organizations are trying to cope with as many employees now use blackberries, instant mail, do teleworking from home etc.  How do we capture business related records from these devices?  I believe that policies and guidelines need to be put into place so that these records are downloaded/captured into an electronic records/document or content management system.

John Gervais
613-946-0245
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The opinions expressed in this post are personal and do not represent that of my employers.