Sender:
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:01:07 -0500
In conclusion. It is also when you attend meetings/presentations/working groups etc, especially outside of your own office this occurs.  The speaker will repeatedly quote these acronyms like everybody is supposed to know what they mean.  For those of you working in an HR environment, how many times have you seen this in covering letters and in resumes?  As if, we all know what they mean.  When a "corporate record is created, whether electronic or paper, the author has to remember that someone will have to put context to it later.  I totally agree with controlled vocabulary and the proper use of metadata.  There also has to be standards for writing in plain language.
LMAO (snicker)

John Gervais
613-946-0245
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The opinions expressed in this post are personal and do not represent that of my employers.