Sender:
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:17:19 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 2/2/07, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Who should have day-to-day responsibility for the declaration and management
> of email messages as records? IT or RM?

that's like asking who is responsible for the inactive records? RM or
the offsite storage vendor?

sorry but in my experience very few IT types understand RM  nor do
they want to. let's not forget that IT is the group that has said for
years "well we can just keep everything, storage is cheap" Ask
Morgan-Stanley who they now want in charge? Hint: IT was in charge of
the email tapes in the last fiasco. the IT guy certified that all the
emails subject to the discovery order had been delivered, only to find
out a couple of weeks later that he was wrong.

IT in my experience can't tell the difference between backup tapes and
retention tapes

my 2 cents
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA