Sender:
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:36:01 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 2/5/07, Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My guess is that somebody in your firm read this article
> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/012507-daylight-saving.html last
> week and saw the line about "ensuring record compliance, for example,
> could be at risk."

i agree with Patrick. in this day and age if you can even tangentially
tie it into records compliance you've get the attention of higher-ups.
the real money quote from the article is this one

"...errors within time-reliant applications that are critical to a
company's business..."

that is where the time change comes into play..

I don't know if others have noticed or not, but almost all of the
IT-type trade rags are using the new FRCP rules for all sorts of
requirements. The key one is establishing records er I mean document
retention programs. As if records/document retention didn't already
exist, but the FRCP is like Sarbanes-Oxley. remember when Sox came out
how IT and others claimed that the law required all sorts of things to
be done? such as requiring computer passwords that must contain at
least one alpha, one special character, contain numerals and be at
least 8 characters. well the same is being done with the new FRCP.

oh well its late, we're headed to single-digits down in old dominion.
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va