Sender:
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:07:04 -0600
From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
>>I really want to know if this workflow implementation can provide
anything for us other than automation of processes.<<

My experience has been that it can.  Most workflow could be configured
to input boxes and content, identify storage location, update a content
database with required metadata make the records accessible to users.
Down the road, the workflow could be used to automate holds, send
destruction notices and make the necessary updates when records are
disposed.

However, 3500 cu ft is not a lot of boxes. The question is whether or
not it is worth it.  Building a workflow with all of the bells and
whistles is not a spur of the moment project.  If you want it quick and
simple, 2 to 4 hours of an MS Access pro could create something very
efficient and useful.

Bill Roach,  CRM
Manager, Corporate Records
MoneyGram International