Sender:
From:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:11:43 -0500
I am a list lurker.  dont tend to respond all that often.
With only 15 years experince in the RM field, I am such a new comer.  However I couldn't let Larry's SWAG for friday go unchallenged.  IMHO90% retained to meet cited legal or statutory requirement, would be high by an order of magnitute.  I doubt that even 30% of business records retention is founded on legal or statutory requirement.  Many more retention schedules are based on business rationale -- and sometimes that rationale is pretty weak.  but I would be interested to here from the real experts.

Tom Owens