Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:16:13 -0800
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
We use our electronic record system as part of the workflow in several
applications.  All result in savings and cost avoidances using existing
hardware and software, as well as improving service to the City and to
constituents.  The most visible is one that we use to process, deposit,
and merge/post sewer payments and remittances faster.   Our annual
savings (leveraged costs and benefits, counting possible opportunity
costs) are over $160,000 per year.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 2/23/2007 9:21 AM >>>
That was an interesting example.  But, did anyone get some real, solid
after-the-fact cost figures of what the cost was to improve the
existing
process...not just in initial implementation but indexing time,
software
upgrades over several years...etc.

Did the benefit produce more income or at least pay for the
implementation including hardware, software, labor time,...projected
cost...etc.?  I guess I'm thinking a lot these days like those
"non-records management" types I answer to.  The first word always out
of their mouth is "cost!" :-)