Sender:
From:
Charis Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:52:47 -0400
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Printing specs/requirements change over time just like all other
>technology.   How do they know the proofs could be reused after 10+ years?

Barbara,

Thanks that brings up a point I can use during our discussion.  It
reminded me of one we recently pulled back that was about 12 years old.
The author, who was getting ready to retire, wanted to have it reprinted
before he left.  We sent it to several printers who basically said it no
longer met their "camera ready standards" because it was a hard copy and
they used printing and layout software now.  The last I heard we had
finally located a shop somewhere in the Pacific Northwest that could do it
but it was going to cost a pretty penny and I think the cost ended up
being a deal breaker.  Will have to follow up and find out for sure.

Also the ones they're doing now in printing and layout software probably
won't work in a few years either.  I know we have engineering drawing
files in the original AutoTrol format that can't be used anymore.

Charis