Sender:
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 16:36:40 -0400
From:
"Cheryl L. Rose" <[log in to unmask]>
I'm probably oversimplifying, but aren't these just inactive records?
They have met their active business use in the department; they have
remaining inactive retention but are to be stored under the
custodianship of the records area in off-site storage to finish their
retention requirement (assuming disposition is destruction). You will
inform them when the total retention is met and arrange for destruction
with their signoff (if that's how you document destruction) once
retention is met. We track that in a RM software to show up on a future
report.