Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 08:15:17 -0400
From:
Gerry McFatridge <[log in to unmask]>
I believe accession generically refers to any shipment/addition of
records to a repository.

The question seems to be what a specific subset of an accession
can/should be referred to as. Greg Hunter in a previous post referred to
these as "blocks".

So...an accession could be comprised of boxes of random files and/or a
"block" comprised of one or more boxes of a singular records series or
project file.

I like that.

Gerry

******