Sender:
From:
Patti Kraatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 11:04:36 -0400
Dean wrote: "minutes of organizations are one of our most
important historical sources as to decision-making and policy creation,
policy origination, and how directions of the company or its entities
change"

I totally agree. Meetings may include housekeeping but they also also
include program discussions and decisions. We provide such a broad range of
public services including public health, social services, conservation,
water, council, by-law, housing, transportation, construction, engineering,
police and all the supporting programs like Info. Mgmt, IT, legal, HR, and
finance. I'd be very nervous disposing of minutes from any of those areas.
Yes, they probably should be incorporated into strat plans, reports,
policies and procedures but it's not guarenteed that happens, therefore our
retention requires all minutes be retained for archival review. They may
not all be accessioned but I want the Archivist to see them and decide.

Patti Kraatz
Coordinator, Information Mgmt & Archives
Regional Municipality of Waterloo
2nd Floor, 150 Frederick St.
Ph: 519-575-4725    Fax: 519-575-4481

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail correspondence (including any
attachments) may contain information which is confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of
the designated recipient(s) listed above. Any unauthorized use or
disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
or have otherwise received this message by mistake, please notify the
sender by replying via e-mail, and destroy all copies of this original
correspondence (including any attachments). Thank you for your cooperation.