Sender:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:18:57 -0400
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Records management as a discipline grew out of at least two things -
archive management and the federal Paperwork Reduction Act from the late
1930's/early 1940s.  In fact, records managers as we know the profession
in the U.S. are usually called archivists in Europe.  The Paperwork
Reduction Act spawned such RIM concepts as records retention and
disposition, inactive (inexpensive) records storage, correspondence
management, and forms management.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager