Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:17:25 -0600
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
I thing y'all may be violently agreeing here (in Larry's comment to Carl's
(aka Carl Weise, CRM) post on the referenced link).

Carl makes the point in the first two sentences that "good and successful
information governance continues throughout the lifetime of an ERM program
or initiative.  It starts when the initiative begins." Certainly that's what
I taught when I was teaching the ERM Certificate courses last year.

Carl additionally makes the point that just as the instruments provide
governance to the information, so too the instruments must themselves be
governed (e.g. declaring the RRS as a record, etc.).

Carl ends with this statement: "Good Information Governance should continue
throughout the lifetime of an ERM initiative, and hence create a sound
foundation for an organization's compliance with legislative and regulatory
requirements, and delivery of the envisaged productivity benefits."

Don't see how to argue with that.

Jesse Wilkins