Sender:
From:
"Bantin, Philip Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:51:30 -0400
Greetings.  In the period from June, 2007 - June 2008, I will be writing
a book on electronic records management for the Society of American
Archivists.  As part of this book I will be including a rather lengthy
chapter on real-life, electronic recordkeeping applications.  These
applications can be big and small and can involve a wide variety of
stategies and systems.  For example, they might include managing email
as records, websites as records, or capturing and managing records in
content managers, transaction processing systems, data warehouses and
decision support systems, or as part of an institutional repository.  My
plan is to include 8-10 case study applications within the book to
demonstrate what can and is being done and to a certain extent how it is
being done.  I am writing to request those of you who are presently
working on some electronic records management project to consider
submitting a description of your work for the book.  If you are
interested, please contact me at [log in to unmask]  Once we both agree
this is something we want to pursue, I can provide you with a outline of
types and categories of information that I would like to see in the case
study.  Thank you for considering this request.  Philip Bantin, Director
of Indiana University Office of Archives and Records Management