Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:59:54 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
The regulation to which you refer is 5 CFR 1320.5 aka the 3-year rule.

Here is the relevant text

"(2) Unless the agency is able to demonstrate, in its submission for
OMB clearance, that such characteristic of the collection of
information is necessary to satisfy statutory requirements or other
substantial need, OMB will not approve a collection of information—

(iv) Requiring respondents to retain records, other than health,
medical, government contract, grant-in aid, or tax records, for more
than three years;"

The regulation does not AFAIK apply to federal agencies.

for the full text use this link

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&tpl=%2Findex.tpl

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA