Sender:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:07:52 -0600
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Sharon, list,

IANAMOSSE (I am not a Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server Expert) (yet), but
I'd think for an organization of 1,000ish employees that a) MOSS is usable
as a RM solution but b) I'd wait until the web part is available OR hire
someone with good Sharepoint and MOSS expertise to do the configuration for
me. The nice thing about MOSS is that you can deploy many, many sites and do
some interesting things with them in conjunction or with additional software
to scale up even further.

In my mind the issue is not so much the size of the organization as the
amount of regulatory oversight and litigiousness of the industry it finds
itself in. So I apologize for being a bit sloppy in my response - it was
meant to be in response to the original question of 10-100 employees.

By the way, MOSS = the acronym for the full Sharepoint 2007 product which
starts at a couple thousand from Microsoft, as opposed to Windows Sharepoint
Services v3 which is a lighter-weight version. Want more info about the
differences, ask your Sharepoint expert or visit Microsoft's Sharepoint site
at http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/default.mspx

Jesse Wilkins