Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:59:47 -0500
From:
"Laiche, Elizabeth" <[log in to unmask]>
The Gulf Coast learned a harsh lesson from Katrina, re: vital records.

Thousands of people and businesses along the gulf coast thought they
could always get a copy of vital personal and/or business information
(birth/death certificates, property records, incorporations, engineering
and electrician certifications, etc.) from other sources.  Hundreds of
institutional facilities -- banks (including safe deposit boxes),
government offices, churches, schools, libraries -- blew away or were
washed away, along with the copies of vital information people always
thought they could get from these institutions if and when needed.

If it's truly a "vital" record, you should have your own record copy.

E. Laiche
DynMcDermott Petroleum, New Orleans