Sender:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:05:35 -0500
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+

Perhaps, based on Hugh's comments then... we should differentiate some
of the requirements that we now face in the RIM profession as those that
are not based on statutes, and not based upon regulation, but that there
are some that are based on the Federal Rules of Civil
Procedure......more court related than they are related to the laws
passed by state legislatures and those that are related to the
regulations that are put in place through administrative channels.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+

---
 Partial information based on Hugh's email:

"My understanding is after a legal action is filed
against a company in which discovery will be part of the process, the
defendant must provide a data map showing where everything is stored,
what format it is in and an inventory of the records so that the
plaintiff may file for those documents that apply.  This map must
accompany you to that first conference meeting of attorneys.  The map
may help the defendant as it may show that the information they are
requesting has no bearing on the issue at hand.  So it is a sword
that can cut both ways."