Sender:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:23:20 -0400
From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Right on, Peter. When I give RIM presentations I break "Legal" down into three categories

- Statutory/regulatory
- Contractual
- Litgation-related: FRCP/discovery, Federal Rules of Evidence, statutes of limitations, and related issues

>If you remember the five parts of retention determination they are

Administrative
Operational
Financial
Historical
Legal

the last one is not exclusively devoted to either statutory or regulatory requirements, but includes IMHO such things as contractual obligations and the FRCP. <

Gary Link, CRM
Corporate Records Manager
Astorino
227 Fort Pitt Blvd.