Sender:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:06:16 -0700
From:
"Acevedo, Alex" <[log in to unmask]>
I worked for an organization where the Legal department wore dentures!

Legal was given responsibility for records policy governance, including
establishing systematic RM rules and development of sound retention
schedules. When RM issues were brought to their attention, the typical
response was "our role is to advise, not mandate." The end result was a
program that was impossible to enforce.

My current role has executive level sponsorship through the COO with
dotted lines to Legal/Compliance and IT. With over 80% of our records
created and maintained electronically, The IT relationship is vital.

Alex Acevedo
Bellevue, WA