Sender:
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:51:14 -0000
From:
"Jackson, Christine D (ACA CALUMET INC.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,
I'm a new member to listserv and this is my first post to the group.
I'm wondering if there are any templates available for policies
pertaining to the company or business unit accepting digital signatures
to keep records in electronic form.  As it stands, if we have an
electronic version of something that needs signatures, we have to print
out and keep the hard copy for the "wet-signature."  We would like to
eliminate the paper copies and rely on the use of digital signatures.
From the conferences I have attended, I have the understanding that if
it is stated in your company's policies and this is the normal practice,
it becomes an accepted business practice for the courts.  Does anyone
know of a template or have this in a policy that they could share with
me to get the ball rolling here?

Another issue I'm working on is a policy of acceptance of imaged records
being accepted as well.  Right now, we are keeping the paper hard-copy
as well as the imaged version in a document-management system.

You can email me direct if need be.

Thank you so much!

Christine Jackson
Records Management Lead