Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:15:10 -0700
From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Ben,

As an Archivist I would recommend that you schedule all policies as permanent.

Chris Flynn

Deisclaimer. I ain't one of the "Big Five" so I can't give you a recommendation for retention as a records manager.

P.S. as a recods manager I would recommend that you consider, maybe suggest, ya might, on a Monday you could, only if the Big Five say it is OK, but only if you feel right about it, schedule policies as permanent. > Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:47:15 -0600> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Retention for Policies> To: [log in to unmask]> > Although I do not believe there are any regulations or legal retention> requirements, does anyone have any thoughts on the retention period for> past/superseded policies? I am struggling with two ideas....one where you> keep versions of old policies indefinitely (in case of litigation where> counsel wants to see policy at the time in question); and finally the idea of> keeping only the current version of the policy. Any thoughts are welcome.> Thank you.> > > > Ben Greene> > Minneapolis, MN> > > List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html> Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance> To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.> mailto:[log in to unmask]