Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:32:47 -0800
From:
Pilar McAdam <[log in to unmask]>
A few years ago when I was involved in renegotiating the off-site
records storage contract (with a MAJOR international provider) for the
company I worked for at the time, we tried to incorporate the NFPA 232
Standard.  The supplier refused, saying that its requirements were
overly burdensome and would be excessively costly to implement.  Because
they already had our records, we ended up backing off on that, but I
never felt comfortable about it.  If the largest supplier of off-site
records storage won't recognize it as a standard, how standard is it?

Pilar McAdam

Pilar C. McAdam
Director of Legal Information Systems
333 South Hope Street
48th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-1448
Direct: 213.617.5417
Fax: 213.443.2703

Circular 230 Notice: In accordance with Treasury Regulations we notify you that any tax advice given herein (or in any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or in any attachments).

Attention: This message is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.
http://www.sheppardmullin.com/