Sender:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:18:06 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Allen, Doug <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> This eagerness to embrace e-Medical Records is fine, but unless and
> until adequate privacy protections are placed on the collections (Larry
> Medina has spoken early and often about this), NO individual should
> embrace the e-Records.

I agree with Doug and LarryM. This rush to implement e-Medical Records
without adequate protection of the information is foolish. Right now I have
several Google News alerts covering medical records, privacy etc. I only
pick the most egregious examples of the problems we currently have paper
medical records not to mention the e-versions. As for the theft of laptops
with PII on them is no longer an occasional happening. Everyday my news
alerts report about several laptop thefts.

so lets be careful about eMedical records. If your physician says they are
moving to e-records be sure to ask him how they plan on protecting the
information from hackers, viruses, theft, and what their disaster
preparation plans are in case they lose power or the facility burns down
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va