Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 17:28:23 -0400
From:
"Hawkins, Lisa A (2HX)" <[log in to unmask]>
One other piece that I would ensure is that you attach to the file the
documentation from the individual (perhaps the attorney) putting it on
hold, including dates.

This will help you later in the game when your legal counsel forgets to
tell you when a lawsuit is done or dropped.  Often when a lawsuit is
dropped, no one informs the records group and years later no one
remembers why something is on hold.

You want to be sure that when putting something on hold, there is a
clear path of responsibility for who can take it OFF the hold.

Lisa Hawkins
B&W Y-12 Records Management