Sender:
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:17:42 -0500
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Mimi's comments are right on target!

As one who is involved in providing scanning services to clients, I can
say that it is very important for any scanning organization to be able
to (1) document what has been received, (2) maintain positive control
over documents throughout scanning, indexing and QC processes, and (3)
to continue that control through the point where the paper copies have
come to a "final disposition".  I am appalled when I hear of
circumstances where positive control of documents is not maintained, and
horrified when I hear of circumstances where insufficient care is taken
of the paper on a post-scanning basis to ensure that rescanning can be
accomplished without difficulty.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+