Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:30:32 +0800
Sender:
From:
Daniel Varendorff <[log in to unmask]>
Dear colleagues,

I am long way from the coalface down here in Perth Western Australia but
based on the various post on this subject the ANSI-AIIM standard does not or
has not been brought into the discussion.

Yes, there is STANDARD for the scanning & QA of the Scanner & Scanner
process which may, or may not suffice to minimise the need for the QC of
individual images.

*Recommended Practice for Quality Control of Image Scanners
**Document Number:* ANSI/AIIM MS44-1988(R1993)
AIIM International - The Enterprise Content Management Association
01-Jan-1988
ISBN: 0892581670
19 pages
Availability is from http://www.techstreet.com/index.html Cost $39.00 USD

The cost of $39.00 may be the best in vestment your organisation ever made.

I have written one or two articles regarding scanning which may, or may not
be of interest & of value.

Scanning for legal needs - September 2002 @
http://www.microfilm.net.au/articles.shtml?scanning_for_legal_needs
Scanned Images .TIFF or .PDF and what will happen when I go to court - June
2002 @ http://www.microfilm.net.au/articles.shtml?scanned_images_tiff_or_pdf

Quality Control of Document Imaging or Scanning - September 2001 @
http://www.microfilm.net.au/articles.shtml?quality_control

Not being legally oriented or proficient in that area but as an RIM
Professional I would have thought that if one did not have this or some
other standard in place you could forget about any acceptability of your
scanned images in a court of law.

NO STANDARDS, NO LOGS, NO DOCUMENTED PROCEDURES at least to me [if I were
the JUDGE] it would be DO NOT WASTE MY TIME. The evidence is NOT SUPPORTABLE
& thus of NO EVIDENTIAL VALUE.

You will note that as usual I do not have any STRONG VIEWS on this matter.

Regards, Laurie

Mr Daniel Lawrance [Laurie] Varendorff, ARMA

P. O. Box 483 Claremont, Western Australia 6910 - AUSTRALIA

PHONE: +618 9286 3705

MOBILE: +61 417 094 147

EMAIL: [log in to unmask]