Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:57:07 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Andy von Busse <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are all aware of that IM fire. IM does not stack 4 high and 4 deep, and
> it is my understanding the flue requirements that the fire code required in
> fact made the situation worse.

are you absolutely positive that the Bow facility was not set up for 4x4?
are you absolutely positive that 4x4 stacking reduces the potential for
fire?

whether 4x4 or 3x3 a fire is a fire

and I do agree that a vendor should be allowed to run the facility they way
they want to, but to stay that 4x4 is a standard is misleading. there is a
process for developing standards, it might be a best practice or a
guideline, but if someone calls it a standard ask to see the publication or
ask what standards issuing organization published.?

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va