Sender:
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:14:44 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
from the RM-UK listserv

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Bailey - JISC infoNet <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM
Subject: [RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK] New Strategy infoKit launched
To: [log in to unmask]

 Members of these lists might be interested to know that JISC infoNet
yesterday announced the launch of its new Strategy infoKit – especially as
more and more records and information managers acknowledge the importance of
aligning their activities as closely as possible with the strategic
priorities of the organisation they serve.

Further information on the new resource is contained in the launch material,
below:

With thanks

Steve

“*I hope that the material, when fully launched, will be used extensively in
the sector*”

Such were the sentiments of one of the fifteen members of the panel charged
with reviewing and commenting on an early draft of our new Strategy
infoKit<http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/infokits/strategy>,
officially launched today.

The Strategy infoKit is a culmination of a 2-year project funded by the JISC
Organisational Support Committee and is based on the often overlooked
premise that planning and implementing strategic activity is something which
affects everyone who works within an institution.

The Strategy infoKit is based around four main, but interconnected stages:

1.       strategic planning

2.       environment scanning

3.       managing strategic activity

4.       monitoring

A key message underpinning this resource, however, is the importance of
taking an integrated approach to all four stages within the context of an
inclusive, institution-wide and ongoing ‘strategic conversation’ – now far
easier to achieve if institutions successfully utilise the potential offered
here by technology.

Members of the senior management team are an important audience for this
resource and will appreciate the opportunity to reflect on and compare their
institution’s current approaches and the challenges they face with those
outlined in the infoKit. But it is also anticipated that middle and junior
management with responsibilities for undertaking strategic operations within
faculties, departments and teams will welcome the practical, hands-on
approach taken and the ‘pick and mix’ style packed full of often simple, but
effective, tools and techniques.

Where possible we have sought to illustrate the guidance being given with
links to exemplars of good practice from across the sector and beyond.
However, we are also aware that many more examples exist out there that we
would love to hear about and perhaps use to add further value to this
resource. If you think your institution falls into this category and you
feel you have some experiences it would be useful to share, why not tell us
about it <http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/strategy>?

Another member of the review panel expressed their intention to “*discuss
using the infoKit with the senior management team, possibly on an away day*”.
Again, we’d love to hear of your own plans for using the infoKit and
experiences of doing so in due course…

Steve Bailey

Senior Adviser (Records Management)

JISC infoNet

Northumbria University

Room 303, Hadrian House

Higham Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AF

Tel: 07092 302850

Fax: + 44 (0) 191 243 8469

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: *http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk* <http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/>

Blog: *http://rmfuturewatch.blogspot.com/*<http://rmfuturewatch.blogspot.com/>

Linkedin profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sjbailey

Twitter ID: @sjbailey

 For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For
any content based queries, please email

Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va