Sender:
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:52:53 -1000
From:
Records Management <[log in to unmask]>
Aloha Julie and Listserv Friends!

I may insist on a mask for me. :-)

I think both Bill's and Gordy's input represent good and healthy
discourse...Everyone should be allowed to state their opinion or ask
their question in the forum or this listserv.  The bottom-line is to
allow the ARMA membership insights into each candidate's views on
industry topics, etc. and allow them to make an "informed" decision.

Personally, I try NOT to get too engrossed with the election process, as
the members will make their decisions on "what" they know about each
candidate and perhaps, whether they have an affiliation with their
chapter or Region.  If one doesn't get selected, its not the end of the
world, and you can always continue to be involved in ARMA leadership at
the Region or Chapter level.  Afterall, candidates are supposedly NOT
campaigning for office...

But then again...Think of all those financial rewards and notoriety that
goes with being elected...Last I checked no one gets paid for being on
the ARMA Board, so that's a wash.  The notoriety might be a "rush", but
it only goes so far...You either are good at your trade or craft or
you're not...People will figure that out sooner or later.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...Why run or put yourself to such
scrutiny???

I think we all agreed in Orlando that it's the "passion" we all share
for our profession and industry.  We ALL want to make a "difference" and
to advance the profession we've invested our careers in.  To that point,
I'd like to applaud all candidates for the ARMA Board, the election
committee, and for those members who decided to participate in the
forums.  You are all unique and treasured individuals which this
profession and ARMA truly needs.  I can feel that passion going through
the Net and to these friendly shores in the middle of the Pacific....

Let's keep up the discourse and remember that we All want the best for
our profession and ARMA...

Mahalo and Have a Great Holiday Season!

Brian

Brian A. Moriki