Sender:
From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:40:46 -0600
If anyone has had to deal with this before, I'm wondering what the
differences any of you have seen or dealt with when comparing the results of
our professional circle salary surveys through ARMA and ICRM vs. general
market surveys which simply address records professionals, but may not be as
specific as to the duties.  Many companies don't have a knowledge base to
comprehend what a records program can and should do so when they interpret
general market surveys they may include a lot of factors.  And as hard as
ARMA and ICRM work at producing good information, I'm sure they can be
viewed, unfairly, as having some industry bias.

Value is a funny thing.  I've always strived to demonstrate hard cost
justifications in savings year to year so for my own peace of mind I know
I'm paying for myself based on the knowledge and expertise I bring, but I
know there are real reasons and logic for attaching certain amounts of value
to particular duties and responsibilities.

What have you all seen when these two types of sources have been compared?