Sender:
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:43:09 -0400
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Scott, Paul (ITC)
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> QUESTION:  Is it customary and appropriate for a vendor to charge for a Certificate of Destruction and, if so, what is the appropriate fee?

Paul,

I never had a vendor charge for a Certificate of Destruction.  But
then again our contracts stated that the vendor was responsible for
providing them as part of their service.  So I believe the answer is
in your agreement with them.  If the contract does not clearly spell
out what type of services are expected and what costs are associated
with them (such as Certificates of Destruction) you may be on the
hook.

I would contact your legal department (which I assume would be the
Harris County Attorney's office) and ask for their opinion.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Newtown Square, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]