Sender:
From:
Christina Zamon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:35:24 -0400
I know I'm posting a little late in the game but if anyone can give me some information before 2pm EDT I would be most greatful.  I'm having a meeting at 2pm with our Director of Purchasing to discuss having her create an RFP for a college-wide documents destruction, storage, and imaging vendor.  I realize that we might end up with two vendors with one doing one set of work and the other doing another part of the work.  Bottom line is, I know there are regulations on security for various laws out there such as HIPPA that would influence what we are looking for in an company.

Bottom line is, I've never done an RFP before let alone one related to records management which isn't really a field I am well versed in (although I'm learning a lot these days).  Beyond the basics of finding a company or companies that can perform destruction, storage, and imaging, what else do I need to include in this RFP?

Just for some quick background, our College is working on implementing a college-wide records management program and part of the implementation calls for one (or if need be) two vendors to handle all destruction, storage, and imaging on campus rather than the 5 (maybe more that I don't know about) companies that currently service the various departments on campus.  We are hoping to get a contract with one or two companies to reduce waste and streamline the process, not to mention save some money along the way.