Sender:
From:
Sarah Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:36:13 -0400
Hello Everyone!

I have been working on a project since May of moving from over 250
departmental retention schedules over to one corporate-wide functional
records retention schedule. A large part of this project, which will be key
in implementation is the cross references/crosswalks. In comparing current
schedules to what we have stored in our records management system for box
storage, I have noticed that there are some retention numbers/record types
that are no longer included in the current schedules, but are in the RIM
system for those boxes living out their life (although some are permanent).
When certain records are no longer created and stored, but there are boxes
stored, how do you address this? Do you still have them incorporated in your
box storage system, and if so, do you still include it in your schedule, or
do you remove it? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to address
this, especially since some of these will be retained permanently, and I
feel they should still be incorporated into the retention schedule, even
though new records for this category are no longer retained.

I would appreciate any feedback, experiences, suggestions, etc. I would also
love to hear about any experiences you have had in creating and converting
to a functional retention schedule for those of you that have!

Thank you,

Sarah Wagner