Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:40:33 -0700
From:
Alex Perez <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> Invalid RFC822 field - "I am the brand-new (6 months) records manager for =". Rest of header flushed.
Greetings All,

I am the brand-new (6 months) records manager for a large commuter-rail organization. Its the time of year in my organization that staff are required to complete a Performance Review and their goals and objectives for the coming year.

I work in the Legal Dept, and my boss, the General Counsel, is asking me for metrics and deliverables. I am in the beginning phases of creating a records management program. I am currently updating our retention schedule, creating new policies/procedures and creating a training program.

I've always had problems coming up with deliverables/metrics in the past for records management. its hard to determine how many documents will be archived in any give year; or how many boxes of obsolete records I can destroy currently stored with our storage vendor.

Just wondering how you all might have handled this in the past.  As always, very appreciative of your advice.

Thanks,
Alex Perez